Sunday 12 May 2013

Time to 'get out of the boat'

Well the visa, my passport and yellow fever certificate have arrived!  Here's the proof :)

 
So the time has come.  I've been reading the John Ortberg book 'If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat' - actually it's been on the 'currently reading' pile for a few months...make that six (I'm not the most avid or quick reader!!).  Those of you who have read it will know what I mean when I say today, and tomorrow, is getting out of the boat time.  I am leaving behind all I know as 'normality', to enter a culture I have relatively little knowledge of.  It's upsetting, it's scary, but it's also the start of an adventure, one which, looking back, I've been craving for about 3 years.  I haven't really got much of an idea of what I will be doing day-to-day yet, which for someone who likes to know what's happening in great detail isn't easy!  However I will soon find out :)
 
Tomorrow evening I will travel to Heathrow with my parents and will then fly to N'Djamena, via Paris, on Tuesday morning.
 
So my next blog entry, internet access permitting, will be from Chad!  Here's to the adventure, thanks for sharing it with me :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire,
    I'm following your blog and looking forward to hearing your adventures. PLanning to pray for you too, though if I'm honest I'm really bad at being consistent

    ReplyDelete