Monday 16 September 2019

Handbags and gladrags

Catchy title, eh?!  It's the title of a song by British group Stereophonics.  I'm not actually going to write anything about gladrags.....there are enough pictures on this blog of me wearing various Chadian outfits so we'll leave that part of the title there.  So why am I writing about handbags?  Well, I want to use my handbag as a simple (ok, very simple) illustration of how quick my life can change and what that looks like in very practical terms.

Ten days ago, my handbag and its contents looked like this:


  • Small brick-like dual SIM indestructible phone 
  • Insect repellent
  • Hand sanitiser
  • Sun cream
  • Fold-able fan
  • Tissues
  • Purse with Chadian money

Today, my handbag contains:


  • Tissues
  • Smartphone
  • Reusable bag
  • Pen
  • Umbrella
  • Purse with British money

Yes, it's home assignment time and I'm back in the UK!  I will be speaking about the work of Guinebor II Hospital at various places around the country.  Feel free to come along and hear all about it.

Sunday 22 September - 3pm - Upton Vale Baptist Church, Torquay

Saturday 28 September - 1.40pm - BMS cafe event at the South Wales Baptist Association 'Association Day' at Bethel Baptist Church, Pontyclun.  More info: http://southwalesba.org.uk/news-events/

Sunday 29 September - 11am - Mumbles Baptist Church, Swansea
Sunday 29 September - 6pm - Moriah Baptist Church, Risca

Sunday 6 October - 10am - Redhill Baptist Church

Tuesday 8 October - evening - Desford Free Church, Leicester

Sunday 13 October - 10.45am - Abbey Centre Baptist Church, Northampton
Sunday 13 October - 6pm - Eastwood Baptist Church, Nottingham

Tuesday 15 October - 7pm - Griffithstown Baptist Church

Thursday 17 October - 7.30pm - South Molton Baptist Church

Sunday 20 October - Bluntisham Baptist Church 

No comments:

Post a Comment